Are you passionate about using the healing power of touch to help others feel their best? As a compassionate and experienced massage therapist, you deserve to work for a company that will give you the support and ability to deliver your best work. Newly licensed, we will provide the additional training to help set you up for success! Our positive and rewarding environment celebrates your achievements and revolves around your needs as a self-motivated professional. Enjoy access to our consistent and loyal clientele, well-supplied environment and flexible scheduling that make it possible to make a good living doing what you love. If you would love to work for a company that recognizes your value and provides you with opportunities for upward growth, apply to join our aspirational team!
Massage Therapist Job Description
Employment Status: Full Time/Part Time
Reports to: Spa Manager
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the soft-tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help rehabilitate injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
· Discuss client concerns, medical histories and specific stresses or pains to develop the most effective approach to massage treatment.
· Develop personalized treatment plans for individual clients that specify massage types, treatment areas and treatment frequency.
· Propose final treatment plans to clients and implement them only after client acceptance and agreement.
· Massage soft body tissues to relieve discomfort and provide treatment for injuries, wellness maintenance or medical conditions.
· Apply pressure to specific parts of the body with the hands and fingers to release muscle tension and bring relief from related symptoms.
· Perform other adjunctive therapies or treatment techniques in addition to massage.
· Perform body treatments according to proper spa procedures.
· Provide clients with guidance and information about techniques for postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation, and rehabilitative exercises.
· Refer clients to other professionals and therapists when appropriate and necessary to treat additional symptoms.
· Prepare oil blends for clients’ skin and perform other treatment techniques and therapies in addition to massage.
· Listen to clients during massages and adjust technique to meet their needs.
· Treat clients in a courteous and empathetic manner.
· Ensure treatments start and end on time.
· Maintain knowledge to promote and sell services and retail products.
· Ensure work areas are clean and tidy, equipment is sanitized and linens are washed, folded and stored in appropriate areas at all times.
· Responsible for cleaning all areas as listed in the weekly cleaning duties located in the Staff Lounge.
· Maintain client treatment records in spa software system.
Job Skills & Qualifications
· Valid massage therapy license for Ohio (Licensed Massage Therapist “LMT”)
· Adhere to all current regulations and laws related to massage therapy
· Ability to handle sensitive client information with confidentiality
· Ability to pass a background check
· Excellent customer service experience
· Commitment to receiving continuing education
· Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift 25 pounds
· Proficient in performing all applicable treatments
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working in a spa or wellness center environment preferred