Department: Spa; Reporting to Assistant Spa Manager
Summary: The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing massages and other body treatments to guests of our facility.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Performs massage and body services that meet the established guidelines for the type of service offering and that fulfill guest expectations.
· Performs all treatments on services menu based upon current licensure.
· Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
· Meets the needs of the guest at all times throughout the service.
· Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
· Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
· Maintains the highest level of product knowledge and has complete knowledge of all spa service presently offered. Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to guests. Answers guest’s questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
· Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
· Begins and ends all treatments on time.
· Works assigned schedule and arrives and departs from their shift on time.
· Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
· Informs Assistant Spa Manager or other management personnel about product need.
· Creates and maintains client cards and treatment notes, when appropriate.
· Completes all assigned side work.
· Attends all scheduled meetings.
· Attends scheduled professional trainings.
· Other duties as assigned
· Valid state license in massage therapy or other credentials required by the state.
· Previous massage and body work experience.
· Customer service experience, preferably in a spa. Must be able to build rapport with guest.
· Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
· Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
· Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
· Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
· Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
· Good verbal and written skills.
· Strong team player.
· Must be comfortable with product recommendation
High School Diploma or GED. Must maintain all current licenses and certifications that are required on a state or local level.
· Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of constantly to move objects.
· The employee will be required to operate the following tools: products such as lotions and oils, other enhancement tools such as stones or hot pack
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.