Massage Therapist provides massage therapy service under the direction of the Clinical Director according to the individualized care of plan.
MASSAGE THERAPIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs and aids patients through massage therapy interventions to assist with alleviating symptoms of anxiety, depression, isolation, agitation, restlessness, sleeplessness, pain, muscle Tension, circulation, stiffness, limited mobility, relaxation, and comfort.
· Assesses referral/patient for appropriate medical indication for services and performs assessment to determine effectiveness of therapy.
· Treats patient to relieve symptoms and provide relaxation and comfort.
· Observes and reports to the clinical supervisor or clinical director and the organization personnel the patient's response to treatment and any changes in patient's condition.
· Maintains necessary records; clinical notes, problem charting, coordination notes, which will be incorporated into the patient's clinical record within 24-48 hours of session and modified as needed.
MASSAGE THERAPIST QUALIFICATIONS:
· Graduate of an accredited massage therapy program with minimum of 500 hours of training in Massage Therapy. (Certified Massage Therapist) Meets personnel qualifications stated in 418.114(b)(8). Preferred completion of National Certification Exam (NCTMB)
· Current licenses or certifications as required by state law.
· Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
· Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.