Licensed Massage Therapist
POSTED 6 DAYS AGO
6630J Marie Curie Drive
Elkridge, MD 21075
Show on map
- Cerise Diaz-Pender
- Elkridge, MD 21075-6402
- (443) 661-3689
- (443) 661-3689 (business)
Licensed Massage Therapist - Massage Envy-Columbia
6630J Marie Curie Drive
Elkridge MD 21075
View job post
Fully Booked Massage Therapist-- $500-750 Signing Bonus
Are you concerned about having a therapeutic space to practice massage with precautions in place to promote the safety of you and your clients?
Massage Envy franchisees have never been more committed to safety. Outside experts–leaders in their field–were engaged to review the Massage Envy brand standards targeted at sanitation and infection prevention and control with the safety and comfort of members, guests, and employees in mind. You can learn more about the brand standards that all Massage Envy franchisees must follow at https://www.massageenvy.com/about-us/health--and-safety If you’re struggling to find a way to feel safe or comfortable practicing your craft on your own, join our team where you’ll have access to all the disinfecting cleaners and equipment you need to get back to doing what you love.
We have immediate openings and limited opportunities to add four massage therapists to our staff. We are conducting phone and video interviews this week.
TEXT 443-267-2147 to begin the application process or apply through Massage Envy Jobs or INDEED
Work at one of the top 5 largest clinic networks in the state of Maryland!
We offer the most advanced, total body care services offer by our licensed massage therapists!
- Massage - modalities from deep, lymphatic drainage and more
- Total Body Stretch- a customizable, stretch protocol to improve flexibility and blood flow
- Rapid Tension Relief - 10 minute add-on or 30 minute service using a percussion device
We operate under rigorous new sanitization and disinfecting protocols that promote the safety and well-being of our team members and clients. You can learn more about the brand standards that all Massage Envy franchisees must follow at https://www.massageenvy.com/about-us/health--and-safety
NOW OFFERING $500 sign-on bonus* for part time therapists (15-20+hrs/week). $750 sign-on-bonus for full time therapists (30+hrs/week)
(Sign on bonus does not apply to existing Massage Envy team members already employed in the State of Maryland)
We will train you!
What we'll accomplish together
As a massage therapist at our Arundel Mills franchised location, you're part of a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. Our massage therapists are full-fledged employees and valued team members who get the support they need to feel safe and confident doing what they love. We take care of overhead costs and supplies, marketing, and building your book of business so you can focus on performing as many massages as you want. And with the repeat clientele that the membership model provides, you'll get to see the long-term impact your services make for members. And the perks don't stop there. We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room with:
- Benefits that help you take care of you including like employer-paid healthcare, 401(k), and paid time off.
- A healthy compensation plan that rewards your hard work with a base pay of $18/service hour with adjustment for experience/education and bonuses for rebooking, enhancements, night/weekend shifts and more. Our busiest therapists took home more than $55,000 last year.
- A dedication to self-care with an education program that helps managers understand the physical impact of your work and gives you the tools to prolong the career you love.
- Continuing education with 12+ free CEs every year.
- A commitment to safety and providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and each member and guest.
What it takes to succeed
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bonus to be paid after 2 months and monthly for 5 months
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 600 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions
- Have a strong customer service orientation
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management
- Maintain client confidentiality
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Receive job postings via email: sign up for job alerts
Put yourself in front of employers: post your resume