Therapeutic Massage Instructor
POSTED ONE MONTH AGO
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton, WI 54912
Show on map
- Sara Teigen
- Appleton, WI 54912
Therapeutic Massage Instructor - Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton WI 54912
View job post
Fox Valley Technical College is looking for two part-time Therapeutic Massage Instructors to join our diverse and highly collaborative team. Have you been looking for the opportunity to make a huge impact in your field? Share your skills and experience by teaching future Massage Therapists! Full benefits package available. To see full job posting and to apply, click here.
Basic Functions & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the delivery of instruction and facilitation of student learning, and the on-going development of curriculum and learning strategies which meet the needs of students and employers.
Fox Valley Technical College celebrates diversity, supports equity and inclusiveness, and encourages individual expression in our workplace.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitation of Learning. Plan, prepare and deliver instruction and facilitate the learning of students in associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training programs. Assess the learning outcomes of students at the unit, course, and program level.
- Curriculum Development. Develop, revise, and continually update curriculum and instructional materials which are competency-based, current, consistent with employer expectations, and aligned with the college policy on level of required documentation.
- Classroom Management. Fulfill assigned schedule, maintain accurate student attendance and grade records, maintain instructional environment with emphasis on safety, housekeeping, and equipment security, and ensure opportunities for student/participant evaluation.
- Interpersonal/Team Skills. Participate in activities of the instructional team, including planning, development, scheduling, and budgeting as a cooperative and professional team player.
- Business/Industry/Community Linkages. Develop and deliver customized training for various clients as needed, and maintain involvement with business/industry/community through advisory committees, marketing and recruitment efforts, and professional associations and organizations.
- Student Support and Guidance. Advise and support students as a mentor and role model in the achievement of their learning and career goals.
- Professional Development. Participate in professional development activities that provide for continually updated knowledge and skills for the role of the contemporary instructor as directed by one's Individual Professional Development Plan.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- State and national certifications or licensure as a Massage Therapist. Additional licensure(s) in Cosmetology or Esthetician a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in a health related field or in related and appropriate field. (Based on experience and expertise, an individual with an Associate Degree or equivalent and willingness to obtain a Bachelor’s Degree within specific timeframe may be considered), and
- Minimum of two years of occupational experience as a massage therapist and educator or in the field of the program or programs being taught, of which at least one year shall be within the last five years; Four years of occupational experience preferred. (One year of related occupational experience may be waived with at least two years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years), or
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable knowledge may be acquired.
- Understanding of the role of the massage therapist as a part of the health care delivery team.
- Current knowledge of wellness, nutrition, medical terminology, basic human anatomy and physiology, and human disease processes and treatment.
- Ability to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality education programs, including development of relevant curriculum.
- Upon hire, must maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements and licensure required by other agencies to maintain individual and program accreditation, if applicable.
Receive job postings via email: sign up for job alerts
Put yourself in front of employers: post your resume