Massage Therapist, Independent Contractor
POSTED 15 DAYS AGO
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Show on map
- Daniel Johnson
- Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- 412-772-1461 (business)
Massage Therapist, Independent Contractor - WAY Wellness Center
Pittsburgh PA 15238
View job post
WAY Wellness Center is hiring a massage therapist to join our team of highly skilled and experienced practitioners! This is an independent contractor position for Mondays and Fridays. Eventually this person may also work Sundays if they are interested. Hours can be 9am-8pm. You choose and set your hours, and have control over your schedule including breaks and days off. Read below for more information and visit us online at waywellnesscenter.com to learn more about the office.
- Acupuncture, massage therapy, manual therapies, homeopathic services, and more.
- More than 11 years providing integrative services to the Pittsburgh region.
- Currently 2 acupuncturists and 3 massage therapists.
- Majority of practitioners are also approved providers for the VA Pittsburgh Health Care System.
- Some clients seek relaxation and spa-like treatments, however, this is primarily a therapeutic environment and clients are typically seeking relief or support related to medical conditions.
About the office:
- 5 treatment rooms with plans to build 2 more.
- Fully accessible suite with accessible parking and restrooms.
- HEPA filter in every room and the lobby.
- All linens and basic supplies are provided.
- Business cards provided.
- Scheduling support and office assistance provided.
- Open to adding new services such as Health Coaching, Birth Doula, Trauma-Informed work, Grief Counseling, etc.
- Licensed to practice massage therapy in Pennsylvania.
- Insured to practice massage therapy in Pennsylvania.
- At least 4 years of experience.
- Specialty certifications welcome but not necessary.
- Open to Traditional and Classical Chinese Medicine as practices, even if you don't personally receive treatments or are not familiar with the practices.
- Open to becoming an approved provider for VA Pittsburgh Health Care System.
- Accountable, responsible, team player who understands the importance of honesty, reliability, completing documentation in a timely manner, and understands the need for clear and open communication from day one.
- Preferably has experience working in a team-based setting either in massage therapy or another career.
- If you are interested in adding another service such as Health Coaching, Birth Doula, etc., must be able to provide proof of training, education, any necessary certifications, and insurance.
About the position:
- Mondays and Fridays with opportunity for Sundays as well.
- Hours available between 9am-8pm.
- Massages offered as 60-minute and 90-minute appointments.
- Pay is once per month including tips on credit cards.
- Tips are 100% yours.
- Initial pay is 60/40 split with opportunity to increase to 70/30 split depending on performance evaluation.
- Current regular massage prices are $80 (60-min), $115 (90-min).
- Current specialty massage prices are $100 (60-min), $140 (90-min).
- Prices for massage of any kind are set by the office and will not be negotiated by the hire.
- Prices for new services such as Health Coaching, Birth Doula, etc., can be negotiated by the hire within reason based on price comparisons of other similar offices and the practitioners level of experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your cover letter and resume to this listing.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $48.00 - $70.00 per hour
All clients required to wear a mask in the office and treatment spaces. Dedicated HEPA filter in every treatment room and in the lobby. All massage clients pre-screened over the phone prior to their appointment date.
Receive job postings via email: sign up for job alerts
Put yourself in front of employers: post your resume