The NOW, a new concept massage boutique, was founded on the principle that self-care is a necessity not a luxury. Designed to serve as an oasis from today’s fast paced digital society, their goal is to offer high-quality, affordable massage services in a beautiful setting. After launching in 2015, The NOW quickly became a wellness destination for globe-trotting influencers and locals alike. Four boutiques later, the growing lifestyle brand has embarked on a national franchise expansion and is looking forward to bringing their thoughtfully crafted menu with customizable enhancements, healing products and singular design aesthetic to cities all over the United States
- The Lead Massage Therapist is responsible for the leadership and mentoring of the Massage Therapy team and assisting the Management in boutique needs. Includes same responsibilities as Massage Therapist job summary leading by exemplary example. Below is a list of essential job duties, but as this is a leadership position, flexibility and adaptability will be necessary as ad hoc and additional responsibilities will undoubtedly arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all duties as required of Massage Therapist.
- Be an inspiration and ambassador of professionalism representing The NOW.
- Maintain excellent attendance.
- Act in a leadership capacity and assist the Management in all boutique needs.
- Act as a liaison between the Massage Therapists and Leadership team.
- Assist management with schedules of Massage Therapists and time off requests.
- Assist Leadership in forecasting hiring needs, related to seasons and staff retention.
- Assist Leadership in providing coverage of team shifts due to absence.
- Assist Leadership in conducting interviews for new Massage Therapist candidates.
- Participate in linen and equipment inventory, on a quarterly basis, to ensure the boutique is well prepared and replacement purchases are planned bi-annually.
- Provide orientations and service training to all new Massage Therapists as directed by General Manager.
- Coordinate and lead all necessary team training sessions and meetings.
- Share suggestions, voice challenges or any specific concerns to the Leadership Team.
- Adhere to the agreed upon Lead hour budget negotiated with Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team during regular meetings regarding any improvements.
- This position reports to the General Manager or acting Management of the location.
- Be a leader in fostering an inclusive workplace, free of bullying, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
The Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.