Browse All Online Courses
$0 members /
3.0 CE credits
Purchase Already purchased? Sign in to take this course
Learn how to evaluate and incorporate research results into your massage therapy practice.
By analyzing and participating in current research, you can broaden both your practice and acceptance for the profession of massage therapy.
When you finish this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the value of evidence-based practice and describe the benefits of integrating scientific massage therapy research into your practice.
- Distinguish between applied and basic, qualitative and quantitative, field and laboratory, survey and correlation research.
- List the conditions required to establish causation in experiments.
- Describe the principles guiding ethical research.
- Give guidelines for evaluating scientific studies.
About the author(s)
Annie Morien, PhD, PA-C, LMT is a research scientist, dermatology physician assistant and licensed massage therapist. Her research interests include dermatological issues, with recent studies on scar tissue and hand dermatitis.
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses expire one year from the date of purchase. When a course expires, you will no longer have access to the course materials and will be required to re-purchase the course.
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over