Discover how burnout can affect massage therapists in the workplace. Understand the problems that can occur and the appropriate prevention and management strategies. Explore wellness models and self-care practices, including mindfulness techniques to protect against emotional exhaustion. Plus, better understand the benefits of massage for burnout in professions focused on serving people.
When you finish this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss burnout syndrome;
- Explain humanistic virtues, individual signature strengths, and how they can be used to prevent occupational burnout;
- Assess wellness models and self-care practices in relation to burnout prevention;
- Apply techniques to protect themselves from emotional exhaustion;
- Practice mindfulness and empathy to prevent burnout;
- Assess how massage can be used to help reduce burnout syndrome experienced in non-massage professions.
Please note that you must complete each AMTA online learning course and pass the exam one year from the date of purchase. If you do not complete the course and pass the exam within one year, you will be required to re-purchase the course.
Online courses expire one year from the date of purchase. When a course expires, you will no longer have access to the course materials and will be required to re-purchase the course.
Course Approval Code(s)
This course contains information that is proprietary. None of the material contained within this course may be used without the express written permission
of AMTA unless otherwise indicated in the course. As a reminder, before practicing any new modalities or techniques, check with your state’s massage therapy
regulatory authority to ensure they are within the state’s defined scope of practice for massage therapy.
Online courses are non-refundable. AMTA will not cover fees incurred from duplicate payments, insufficient funds, stopped payments or credit/debit cards over